Friday 19 April 2013

Translation


It’s a whole new ball game for me. I have today signed a contract with my publisher to have my books translated into German. The Long Road to Sunrise will be the first one off the blocks.

Fifteen years ago I went to Frankfurt to set up a training course for the Deutsche Flugsicherung, the German ATC authority. I was impressed by the German controllers’ competent standard of English. Far, far better than my minimal understanding of German. Nevertheless, English is not their native tongue and they naturally prefer to read books in their own language. When this translation is complete they will be able to enjoy the first of my novels to be published in German.

I feel very excited by it.

1 comment:

  1. Sprechen zie Deutsch? Nein, me neither.

    This is fab news, David, and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete