Saturday 1 February 2014

Irony

It’s ironic when the books you thought would sell well are beaten into second place by one you wrote as a “quickie” largely for your own amusement. That seems to be the case with "In the Shadow of Disgrace", the story of a disgraced naval officer in eighteenth century Cornwall getting caught up in the smuggling trade. It’s pure escapism, written on a whim because my ancestry is Cornish. But it’s selling better than books I wrote with more serious intent.
I ended the book with... all the loose ends tied up, but with scope to take the main characters into a new adventure. However, I won’t write that book just yet. Instead I plan to get a different Cornish historical out this year. This next book will tell the tale of a nineteenth century Cornish policeman… just like my great grandfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment