Thursday 14 November 2013

Time After Time


This is another medieval romp and I’m into the penultimate edit. It’s the story of an Irish village seer who has to choose between her love for a Viking man and her loyalty to her tribe. Her psychic contacts tell her that if she makes the wrong choice someone will die. Worse still, the guilt will follow her into her next life on earth. Of course, she gets it wrong. However, can she make the right choice the second time around? Or will the same thing happen again?

My concern is that the key characters in this novel are all young women. Can I, as an aging male, make them convincing? And will readers want to buy a female-centred story written by a man?

No point in worrying about it. I must get to the end of this edit and then see what my publisher makes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment