Tuesday 10 February 2015

In LIne of Fire


Is the second novel in a series easier to write than the first?

I think so.

When I wrote In Foreign Field, the first of my WW1 novels, I was getting to know my characters as I went along. I knew what was going to happen to them and I knew what sort of people they were, but that wasn’t the whole story. By being so deeply immersed in their experiences, I came to know them more intimately. They became almost like real people. As a consequence, when I started the second novel, In Line of Fire, I already knew so much more about them that I was able to describe them and their reactions more easily.


In Line of Fire is now in the final stages of editing and should be released soon. I'm looking forward to it. I feel especially satisfied with this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment